Sound Forge™ Pro 10 efficiently and reliably provides audio editors and producers complete control over all aspects of audio editing and mastering. Whether in the studio or the field, it is an essential tool for media professionals who need to create and edit audio files with speed and accuracy. With new precise event-based editing, integrated disc-at-once CD burning, professional noise-reduction tools, and pristine audio time stretching, Sound Forge Pro 10 delivers the ultimate all-in-one production suite for professional audio recording and mastering, sound design, audio restoration, and Red Book CD creation. Includes Noise Reduction™ 2, plus the Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope™.
Powerful Audio Editing Tools
Sound Forge™ Pro 10 software includes professional editing tools and workflow enhancements for the demanding audio professional. The new event-based editing tool that offers more precision when working with audio files.
- Sound Forge Pro 10 supports native multichannel audio. Edit mono, stereo, and multichannel audio files (up to 32 channels) down to the sample level.
- Perform precise event editing and create fades, crossfades, and mix audio with ease.
- Event-based editing provides greater flexibility and increases editing speed and accuracy, and more control over audio to accurately move, split, slip and trim events.
- Provides an easier way to edit edges and fades and is ideal for more precise audio mastering, assembling sketches of a project, or to lay out tracks for authoring disc-at-once CDs.
- Easily edit file metadata with metadata windows, increasing efficiency.
Pristine audio quality
Sound Forge Pro 10 supports full resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity.
- Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes.
- Includes industry-leading iZotope™ MBIT+™ Dither (bit-depth conversion) and 64-Bit SRC™ (sample rate conversion) for the highest in audio quality.
- iZotope MBIT+ was specifically designed for musical program material - all of the models use real music and not test tones resulting in an improved sound and smoother fades.
- Results in pristine audio with less aliasing, and better sounding end results.
Stereo and multichannel audio recording
Whether you are recording high-fidelity audio in stereo or multichannel formats, Sound Forge™ Pro 10 software provides the tools for professional results.
- Record multichannel audio when using multichannel sound devices.
- Accurately monitor audio levels using VU meters for RMS playback and recording.
- Use the record timer and threshold-based recording for various tasks.
- New performance optimizations improve speed and productivity.
- Low-latency ASIO™ driver support provides faster, professional results.
Integrated Disc-at-Once (DAO) CD Mastering
Fully integrated disc-at-once (DAO) CD mastering allows users to generate Red Book compliant disc-at-once premasters suitable for professional replication.
- Perform CD layout and mastering directly within the Sound Forge editing environment, without having to use another application.
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes all the necessary CD mastering tools, resulting in time savings and a more efficient workflow when assembling CD projects.
- Work with devices that use ASIO drivers, and apply VST Effects to CD projects for more mastering flexibility.
Powerful effects processing
Achieve professional results with the arsenal of audio tools and effects in Sound Forge™ Pro 10 software.
- Includes over 20 DirectX® audio effects for more mastering flexibility
- The élastique timestretch and pitch shift plug-in processes audio while retaining pristine audio quality with fewer artifacts.
- Audio files can be timestretched and pitch shifted dramatically while retaining maximum quality.
- Includes various stretching methods tailored to the type of source audio, including Pro, Soloist, and Efficient modes.
- The Mastering Effects Bundle 2 Powered by iZotope includes six professional audio plug-ins - Mastering EQ, Mastering Reverb, Multiband Compressor, Mastering Limiter, Stereo Imager, and Harmonic Exciter
- The Mastering Effects Bundle 2 add numerous options when mastering and enhancing audio, resulting in better sounding mixes.
- Create dramatic resonant fades, sweeps and effects with the Resonant Filter
Powerful Noise Reduction Tools
The Noise Reduction 2 collection of plug-ins contains Noise Reduction, Audio Restoration, Click and Crackle Removal, and Clipped Peak Restoration.
- Easily restore audio from LPs, cassettes, CDs, and more.
- Fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, clicks, and pops, salvage damaged recordings, and give new life to your audio.
- Salvage and restore old recordings that may otherwise be irretrievable.
- Included with Sound Forge Pro 10.
Musical instrument file editing and processing (.DLS, .SF2, .GIG)
- Sound Forge Pro 10 software can open, process, and save DLS, GigaStudio/ GigaSampler, and SoundFont 2.0 musical instrument files.
- Instrument files can be modified and saved as multiple versions for various uses.
- Users have more editing flexibility when working with musical instrument files.
- Bank, instrument, note range, and sample information can quickly be accessed.
- Effects and processes can be easily added directly to samples.
Customizable user interface
Sound Forge Pro 10 includes a fully customizable user interface for optimum workflow and productivity.
- Create and save multiple unique interface layout configurations.
- The Sound Forge Pro 10 editing environment can be customized to maximize speed and productivity for more efficient editing sessions.
- Save and recall a window layout for specific editing tasks including audio editing, CD layout, multichannel file editing, and more.
- Includes window layout templates for DAO CD burning, multichannel file editing and more.
- Dock and group windows within the Sound Forge interface, customizing the environment to fit the way you work.
Interactive tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration for easy analog to digital conversion, and more.
- Quickly get started learning immediately about the features of Sound Forge Pro 10 software.
- Results in less time learning and more time editing and mastering.